The SP Board in Action
Symmetrical Power offers new concepts in distribution board design for both the single phase and three phase configurations. The changes are very different from the standard distribution boards and have been designed to overcome an array of problems when balancing, installing and maintaining these apparatus which are essentially the heart of an electrical system.
The SP Board encompasses a design that is concerned with safety, versatility, speed of installation and ease of balancing the three phase conductors.
Quick Shift Phase Symmetry
The exceptional characteristics that come with this unique design, do not require the use of unnecessary paraphernalia or ancillary equipment; its robust build has no moving parts and employs further Multi-socket™ technology for quick shift phase selection for every circuit and depending on the circuit breaker that is plugged in. Each circuit can be measured for operating current and totalled by the built in ammeter then changed accordingly to give the optimum symmetry, this mitigates levies put on by the utility company due to unbalanced circuits and therefore maximises efficient energy usage, which also means equipment can run more efficiently and increase appliance longevity.
Default Earth Leakage Protection
This new and innovative distribution board can offers default earth/ground leakage protection using RCD’s on the left or right bank of circuits. This safety addition, can for a change, actually save on cost instead of increasing it by reducing the amount of RCBO’s that would ordinarily be needed on current distribution boards to attain full earth leakage protection.
Summary of Characteristics
When phases are used singularly, the SP Board offers quick shift phase balancing of L1 L2 & L3; this can mitigate the current that will go back down the neutral conductor. Phase symmetry prevents heating up of conductors caused by overload and will stop nuisance tripping; this will also mean lower utility bills and will avert unnecessary waste energy production, sequentially lowering Co2 emissions.
- Line and Neutral can be isolated independentley on any circuit, full power shutdown is no longer necessary, and therefore is well suited to airports, hospitals, data communication centres, and many more industries when there is a need to work on a single circuit during for maintenance/faults. Inconvenience is kept to a minimum and safe working is not compromised.
- Excellent safety, all conductors are can be isloated.
- Fast easy install with human error virtually eliminated.
- No mess maintenance and simple fault finding.
- The SP Board can utilise a 1,2,3 or 4 Pole Circuit Breaker AND 1 Pole & Neutral L+N (18mm) on any given circuit with ‘adaptive output technology’ so changing the output/s to Live or Neutral or L&N enhances the SP Boards felxibilty.
Why Utilise Your Power Symmetrically?
The Independant CATAPULT/NAREC Energy Report on Balancing
Everything in life requires balance, this applies to engineering too.
For example, when a car tyre is unbalanced, there will be vibrations and the steering will shake. Apart from the uncomfortable ride, when the problem persists it leads to:
– Uneven or Excessive Tyre Tread Wear